Country House, Co. Laois read more
Capard House (a Protected Structure) was built in 1790 and is an impressive two storey Greek Revival period house with an adjoining courtyard wing (formally built for staff) and farm complex set within 49 hectares situated at the foothills of the Slieve Bloom Hills
Capard House and its outbuildings have under gone full restoration under the guidance of de Blacam and Meagher, whilst maintaining the integrity of the original period features. All wiring and plumbing has been replaced and many improvements made.
The restoration went far beyond the residence and wing as the entire estate has been restored to its former glory with the terraced lawns and formal gardens broken into segments, the walled gardens, the long pond and lake, the folly and stables all combining to offer the new owner of Capard House, all the benefits of their labours.
The main house is laid out with bright and generous proportioned rooms with ornate ceiling decoration and large open fireplaces.
Upstairs are the very generous bedroom suites, all with fine views either overlooking the gardens or with a panoramic vista over the surrounding countryside below.
There is a terrific atmosphere of calmness at Capard which comes from the natural surrounds of the gardens and grounds with the stream flowing incessantly bringing nourishment to all the living plants, trees and flowers on the property.